Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Dog Days of Summer

It's been a hot minute since my last blog.  Couldn't really tell you why.  Mainly I've just struggled settling on topics to discuss.  One thing is for sure: my title of this blog is probably an understatement if there ever was one.

This part of summer is rough on a sports fan like myself.  I'm just close enough yet too far away from the college and pro football seasons.  Team USA was knocked out of the World Cup too early for my liking.  The LeBron sweepstakes ended in "dramatic" fashion. Baseball is on - but who really cares about baseball?

Thank GOD that NCAA 2011 came out this past Tuesday.  That should at least give me some hours of mind numbing entertainment on my XBOX 360.  I'm actually now counting down the days to NFL training camps.  I just printed out the 4 week schedule of the NFL preseason and I think I'll probably find a couple preseason games to attend.  I'll DVR the rest and watch them.  Every snap.  I even started to prep for some fantasy football drafts.  I'm THAT bored.  I'm THAT guy.

I'll probably find myself just randomly going to the lake to ride my jetskis with a couple neighbors.  When I say randomly, I mean we might go out there tomorrow at like 5:30pm when I get home and ride for an hour or so.  I wandered around Home Depot yesterday just looking for things I could do around the house.  I ultimately settled on fixing a part of one of our fences at the house.  Oh - and I picked up some ant killer to get rid of some jumbo ant piles in the backyard.  Exhilarating stuff I'm doing here.  I know.

To be honest, I can't say I've had a more boring summer in a good while.  It just seems to keep dragging on and on.  The most interesting thing each day is seeing which washed up free agent is trying to get down to Miami now.

Here's to football getting here.  Fast.  Damn the Dog Days of Summer.

-M.G.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment